I would like to wake up tomorrow and realize that 2020 has all been a dream. But, No. It is real and our lives have been flipped upside down in so many ways. Even more painful is that our personal and big events that we used to share in person with many of our friends and family have had to stop, be condensed or gasp!, be done virtually. This really sucks! What did that mean for large crowd wedding plans this year? Cancelled....
At least for this year and until further notice the 200 person wedding, well heck, the 50 person wedding depending on your state restrictions, is not even allowed. People still want to get married though! They don't want to put it off until next year. The consensus is that we don't know what is going to happen anymore. No more waiting! Life is short! Let's do this! We've got sh%t to do!
There is a bright side to having an intimate and virtual wedding. Now you can actually enjoy the wedding, not stress about a million details and really be a part of it. You can go a little wild and have fun with it. And think of the money saved! Imagine the different ways you can focus your spending!
- You can allocate more money to that dream dress or the new Couture Tux everyone is talking about. You know, the one you really wanted but couldn't afford? Say Yes To The Dress/Tux Now!
- Oh! And upgrade that ring baby. Now you don't have to wait until your 10th anniversary to upgrade since you are saving so much money now. Yep, that's what I would do.
- You can have the wedding in the backyard. Come on, the Zoom screen only shows so much. No one will know. Think $ signs now. And that ring.
- Go for color! Looks better on film. Dye your hair pink. Or "Something Blue".
- Have a destination wedding that you two are now able to splurge on. Many hotels are offering the Virtual Wedding Packages that cost only a couple thousand dollars that cover room, venue, flowers, meals, etc and even setting up cameras for your Zoom guests.
- Boy will your bridesmaids be stoked they don't have to fork out money for that dress. The "dress you can wear again". Yea right.
- Floral decorations need only fill the area around the couple that shows up on the Zoom screen. No need to fill the wedding venue and reception venue with miles of flowers. More flowers for you to hold if you are in to that sort of thing.
- Instead of feeding and serving drinks to over 100 people, many of whom you barely know and who usually complain anyway, you can have an intimate, fine sit down dinner at a hotel or restaurant of choice with the best wine and champagne all to yourself. Yum.
- Spend the money on a dream honeymoon. That is if that country allows you in.
- Better yet, rent a vintage Airstream and see our beautiful country up close and personal. Not too close though. Wear a mask. You can stick streamers and write "Just Married" all over it. No, on second thought, don't. Tacky.
Life Is Short. Laugh A Little. Or A Lot.